Sunday, June 7, 2009

the not-so-great escape attempt


when I woke up this morning it felt like my demon spawn was literally trying to rip it's way out of my midsection with its soft, flexy fingernails.

this lovely overture lasted from 5am until around 10 when I went to the ER.  from there, it stopped, waited until right before they did my 2nd sonogram and then... wait for it... steady... ATTACK!

ugh.

it hurt like a bitch but baby's fine (of course).  dr. thinks it's mostly caused by all my scar tissue from all my surgeries.  skin, organs, etc are trying to move/stretch and won't!  or rather, it will but not without bitching about it and trying to drag me to hell first.  

the good news it that this will continue to happen as long as baby continues to grow so thank god for that.

they offered me percocet for the pain but nah.  tylenol is fine.  and they kept me for-fucking-ever so I was ready to eat my foot or digest my baby or resort to the half melted atkins bar in my purse.

It was awful, haha.

so after half portions of the following:
chile relleno burrito
pint of ben & jerry's americone dream
flan
can of rootbeer
and a nap
I am starting to feel like a person again.

The lab tech told me the sex of the baby but I want to confirm with my appt. in ucsf before I repeat the verdict so... stay tuned.

oh!  while I was at the hospital they installed my new sleep number bed and it is the most divine thing ever.  I think we're going to be very very good friends.

1 comment:

christopher dahl said...

your half portions sound delicious. I want to be pregnant!